The security guards are often employed to deal with the various security threats. The officers are required to control traffic movements, ensure the safety of people on a particular location, monitor and manage the entry and departure of people and vehicles. The security guards should observe each and every person to deal with the situation in an accurate way. The guards should have the necessary knowledge and skills to deal with different types of situations. In order to work in the industry, the candidates should have a security licence. A comprehensive training is required to pass to get the security licence. Various types of security courses are available for the interested candidates and these courses are designed on the basis of security requirements and safety regulations.
Functions of a Security Guard
The functions of a security officer may vary from place to place. The officer should have all skills to attune with the changes and developments in the security industry. The client, public and employers have their own expectations, and a security officer should comply with these expectations. The functions of a security guard may vary from one state to another, but some typical job functions are as under:
- The security officers provide optimum protection to the property in an appropriate fashion. The guard should have ability to handle various natural and man-made threats.
- The guard should prevent and detect the problems against the property and the life of the client. Different duties should be performed in compliance with the law enforcement regulations and the justice system.
- The officer should be able to detain someone who committed a crime. The security may need to provide a written report the police officials. These officers are often considered as a valuable source to provide complete details to police officers.
- The person should possess leadership qualities to guide the people in the emergency situations like fire, earthquake or any other disaster. The guard may need to work with the firefighters to deal with the dangerous situation.
- It is his duty to control the access of people to a particular site like entrance, gate and other places. The person has to inspect people, check their bags and collect their personal details. He should be able to escort people and valuables.
- The person should control the crowd to prevent any accident. The security training is designed to provide you complete details about the potential dangers. It will help a security officer to reduce the risk posed to the community.
It is fact that the situation requires your physical intervention, and you have to complete a security training to learn different skills and handle assigned tasks in a better way. After passing the training and security courses successfully, you will be able to apply for the security licence.