Jobs in the security industry are full of challenges and threat, and it is important to pass important Security guard courses before becoming an important part of this industry. You can’t work as a security officer without a work permit like a security licence. A permit will be an acknowledgment of your skills and credentials. You can get a security permit after completing your training and important security courses. It is important to check the requirements of your state regarding work permit because these may vary. If you want to get a work permit in the security industry of Queensland, then check the following steps. These will help you to know the local requirements and you will be able to work in an organization of Queensland.
If you are physically strong and can handle challenging work, then it will be a great career for you:
- Contact the department of licensing in Queensland and collect important details. If you meet the eligibility criteria, then you will be able to get the licence. Your age should be 18 years or more, and have clean criminal record. You need to pass a fingerprint and drug test in order to get a job.
- Make sure to verify the age requirements of your state because if you are under 21, you can get an unarmed security licence. At this age, you may not be able to get a job at a bank, sensitive areas and nuclear plants. Some experience is always required to get a potentially challenging job.
- If you have the intention to join this profession, you should undergo the background check because a suspicious background can be a hurdle to get a good job. You need to explain everything honestly because any wrong information can be a hurdle between you and your career.
- Obtain an application form for the security licence and then fill it. You may need to fill an online form, or paper alternatives are also available in some states. You should show the evidence of your training, security transcripts of courses and educational qualification. Read further requirements and fill a form of fingerprinting and drug test as well.
- After completing the application, you have to send it with the application fee and other additional material like insurance liability, fingerprint and drug card, etc. After the completion of this process, your application will be reviewed and you may be called for an additional exam or further training.
Your licence will be valid for three years, and after this it is important to renew your licence. It will give you a great chance to refresh your security guard course and keep your knowledge up-to-date.