Security individual is a person who employed by a security organization to protect the human lives and property of a company. There are some particular requirements of becoming an unarmed security guard, and if you fulfill all requirements, then you are ready to take Security Training to become an unarmed guard. You need to attend a classroom training because in the classroom, you can learn all important skills like civil and criminal laws, regulations about domestic violence, dealing with threats and the power of arrest, report writing, communication, dealing with media persons, etc. Before all this, it is important to know either you are eligible for this or not:
Eligibility Criteria for Registration
- Your age should be at least 18 years at the time of registration.
- You should be a citizen of Queensland, Australia.
- There should be no legal prohibition, mental disease and physical illness.
- If you are convicted to jurisdiction, then you should have completed the court order or the probation of at least five years before submitting an application.
- You should have no connection with drugs dealing, theft or any other crimes.
Training Requirements in Queensland
The training includes examination of the skills of a person to know either the person is able to be trained or not. All candidates should be a part of four hours basic course, such as:
- Teaching or legal power and limitations of the security guard
- Emergency procedures
- Knowledge of general duties
The purpose of this training is to teach security guard how to use these devices properly to protect himself and other people in his/her surroundings.
After the successful completion of the security training, the person can get a license or certificate to carry particular tools legally to deal with the challenges of his/her job. Without this license, it is impossible to get job in the security industry.
Renewal of the Certificate
After the completion of training, you can work for almost two years on the similar certificate and license. You need to refresh your course after this period because the security industry is a highly diversified industry. In order to cope with the changes of this industry, it is important to renew your license. It will help you to keep pace with the changing environment, and you can successfully save your job by renewing your old skills and refreshing new one. If you want to know more about the security training in Queensland, contact us because our experts are always available for your help.